PA 1A - Waterways Mobility
Priority Area (PA) ‘Waterways Mobility ’ has the mission to improve mobility and multimodality of the inland waterways of the Danube Region.
The Priority Area formulates the following objectives:
· To optimally manage and improve navigability conditions as well as shore side infrastructure in a harmonised and environmentally sustainable way
· Support transnational initiatives to promote inland waterway transport and business development in order to raise the modal share of inland waterway transport in the Danube Region
· Develop the Danube fleet in order to reduce emissions of greenhouse gas and air and water pollutants and to become more fuel-efficient
· Implement harmonised River Information Services on the Danube and its navigable tributaries according to European legal provisions and ensure international data exchange
· Solve the shortage of qualified personnel and harmonise standards of competence for professions in Danube navigation
· Establish time-efficient, service-oriented and transparent administrative procedures, especially border controls, in the framework of navigation on the Danube and its navigable tributaries
The PA has six working groups to implement the activities to reach their goals focussing on Waterway infrastructure, ports & sustainable freight transport, fleet modernisation, River Information System, education & jobs, administrative processes.
The PA 1a is coordinated by Austria and Romania.
Read more about the PA 1a Waterway mobility on their website.