PA Health focusses on 6 Actions:
1. Reduce the impact of HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and associated infections among populations at risk
2. Contain antimicrobial resistance
3. Adequately address health needs of chronically ill patients and needs related to demographic changes
4. Reduce impact of non-communicable diseases (NCDs)
5. Reduce social and health harm from alcohol, tobacco and illicit use of drugs
6. Strengthen occupational safety and health and well-being at work
The NDPHS activities focus either on thematic areas (individual NDPHS Expert Groups have the main role here) or cross-cutting, horizontal topics (all NDPHS structures play collectively a role here). NDPHS annual work plans give an overview of the actions to be launched or continued (if already launched) and, where specified, completed in a given year. They are prepared in accordance with the Elements for the development of NDPHS EG Annual Work Plans.