The activities aiming at the protection and preservation of terrestrial ecosystems focus the following actions:
- Development of joint management plans for cross-border habitats and ecosystems
- Joint management plans for large carnivores and awareness-raising activities,
- Harmonisation and enforcement of national laws with EU legislation, with respect to length and timing of hunting season, list of species which can be hunted, designation of 'no hunting' areas.
- Protection and restoration of coastal wetland areas and karst fields relevant for the Adriatic Flyway
- Awareness-raising activities on implementation and financial aspects of environmentally-friendly farming practices (e.g. organic farming, agri-environmental measures) complementing restoration and preservation of biodiversity.